What do you think about the new law in Arizona?

I think were back in history when black people used to feel discriminated. Same thing happeining now but with hispanic people. Im hispanic and this law makes me very angry. People come here illegally because its really hard to come to this country legally. You either have to wait like ten years to become a resident and pay a bunch of money or marry a US citizen or have a kid who is 18 years or older to ask for their parents to stay in this country, but what about the kids that are born here and are under 18? What do they do? If it was easy to be here legally then people would come here legally but they make that almost impossible. So I just wanted to know what other moms think about this. Would you go to another country to make a better life for your kids or would you stay in a country where you don't make enough money to feed them? and just to let you know I'm an american citizen, with hispanic parents.

lizcyn

Asked by lizcyn at 8:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If I had to leave this country to make a better life for my family you better believe I would. One way or another. I agree with you. I dont think its fair, not one bit.
    Anonymous

• You can't even compare blacks and Mexicans. Mexicans weren't forced to come here. They are breaking the law and should be punished. People are too paranoid about racial profiling. Why should we make it easy for people just to decide they want to come here and live. Is it easy to move to Canada, UK, Australia? No. But we should just allow immigrants just because they are immediately across our border and they can feed the offspring they produced? No our problem. Arizona is just protecting themselves against CRIMINALS.
    Anonymous

• hey anon :51 - are you a Native American? if not, maybe we should throw your family on a boat back to where ever they came from! i agree that there should be an immigration process, but as of now it's almost impossible! America was founded by, and for immigrants. you're not seeing the big picture here. you need a history lesson. start with the Holocaust.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 8:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It reminds me of Nazi Germany, really. VARE ARE YOUR PAPERS?! But, I agree with it, because I want every single illegal in this country to get the fuck out RIGHT NOW.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 9:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I am :51 my family came here legally, thanks though.
    Anonymous

• Yea, I would move to another country. Would I be surprised to know that people wanted me out? Or people are trying to kick me out? No I wouldnt be surprised. People who come over here know they broke the law and know that they are criminals.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I do have some Native American in me though. Good luck with that argument though.
    Anonymous

• I think if the feds were protecting our borders like they are responsible to then this legislation never would have had to happen.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Sorry OP. I'm Hispanic, and all for it. I have family who immigrated here recently and did so legally. Why should some people get to break the rules? Sorry, no matter where you go, ALL countries have immigration laws, and they enforce them.

I agree with Quinn, if the Feds had been doing their job, Arizona wouldn't need to do this.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think the feds have a reason WHY they aren't doing their job. There has to be a reason WHY they allow all the illegal immigration. Because it would be simple enough to stop it if that is truly what they wanted. But every time law enforcement tries to crack down on it, someone or other raises a stink about it, and it is stopped. So that leads me to think that they have a reason for it.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2010