Working out on Treadmill (Please answer if you know)

Is it good to go to the gym and walk on the treadmill 4 to 5 times a week for 45 min. ea. time and heart rate is up to 138? I burn about 300 calories. I set the treadmill at 6.0 incline and 3.2 speed. It feels great. I sweat so good and feel the burn everywhere. I want to lose weight. I watch what I eat and do this. It's been a week now and already feel pants being a little lose. Just want your opinion. Thanks.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yup, sounds great! Keep it up and you'll lose weight for sure! Just make sure to watch what you eat and drink lots of water! The incline is great for your booty!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yes, that will definitely work over time. :-) To lose one pound, you have to eliminate 3500 calories from your intake in any given week. That sounds like a lot, but really all it would be is 500 calories a day, for seven days per week. You can eliminate the 500 calories either with your food intake, or you can adjust your calories by burning them with exercise. Buy yourself a nice water bottle, and keep up the good work! I just recently lost 20 pounds, and I feel a whole lot better. :-) Some good links to determine on average how many calories you have burned while exercising: http://www.changingshape.com/resources/calculators/caloriesburnedcalculator.asp
    Anonymous

• Sounds good...are you drinking lots of water? Water helps a lot too! I would try to slowly increase your time on your walks....5 minutes here and 5 minutes there. When I was dropping weight the best is when I would walk one hour a day.
    Anonymous

• thats great, but as you loose weight and get better at it you should work up to jogging also. the elliptical is great also. and i just bought the biggest loser cardio max dvd for 13 bucks at best buy, alls you need is grab weights. i love it, lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks so far :) GL
    ps do a calorie calculator to see how many calories you burn a day, & then eat less then that.
    & definatly water!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Sounds great! Combine that with eating healthy and you are good to go! Also, dont forget to mix it up a bit- your body will get used to the same workout over time!
    Anonymous

• Awesome! it does sound really good, keep it up and you will see results, way to go moma!

Answer by older at 9:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I wish I had your motivation... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
    Anonymous

• Congrats and keep up the good work. Don't forget to stay hydrated!
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 11:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2010