Have you ever thought about this?

I have noticed how quickly people on this site like to point our gramatical errors. It has gotten beyond rediculous. Instead of giving advice or words of encouragement, people belittle each other for simple errors. I can understand if the question is impossible to read and full of "texting talk" but for simple misspellings, punctuation errors, or misusing a word-why make such a big deal out of it? I guess I am a little confused about what it is you are trying to accomplish by doing this. I do not feel as though you are trying to teach others correct English and English usage-actually I feel as though you are trying to put people down for not already knowing these things. So here's my question-have you ever wondered if there is a reason some people don't know these things? For example, my mom is slow. She has learning disabilities that resulted in her dropping out of school in the 8th grade....CONTINUED!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Would you make fun of my mom for her lack of writing skills?? Do you ever take a minute to think that maybe these people you are being so cruel to may have the same problem as my mom? This is not a bashing post or trying to start an argument. Negative comments will be reported. I'm curious.
    *If there are misspellings with my post, it's because I'm having trouble with my computer....grrrr!!!
    Anonymous

• yeah i have noticed that myself
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i totally agree with you. sometimes i post anon just because you can't spell check your question! it seems like that's the only thing some moms on here notice. i wonder if they're just so bored, that they sit here all day waiting on a typo! i'd like to add to your question:

when your child comes home from school with a good grade on a paper, do you notice the misspelled words before you notice the grade?

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• ridiculous
    Anonymous

• whenever i post a question or answer about something people dont agree with me on, like abortion or something, they always say something about my grammer or punctuation to try and make me feel stupid but it doesnt work because im not in english class or at work right now. im chatting on cafe mom, i could give a shit less about my grammer or punctuation or what any of these "ladies" think about me or how i type.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i know what you mean. some people are on here that don't use english as a first language either. that could account for a lot of grammar issues too.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• you rock Agreed

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• some people just need a way to make themselves feel superior to other people for some reason. they're probably a high school teacher or someone who knows they have a low I.Q. but received a lot of help at home with school work and so are educated to a certain degree.
    Anonymous

• they use it as a way to put you down if they don't agree with you, like you don't know what you are talking about cause you cannot even correctly spell. Like you said i understand when when you can barely understand what the person is saying. ex." i wen cross da rode lat nite and see a car comin. " then fine say something but no one is perfect. . Like i said they just use it to TRY and make you feel like you are dummer than them and to make themselves feel better.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• OP: thank you for the positive replys ladies, and yes...i do rock Biz. lol. i just hope plenty of people see this and maybe remember this question the next time they are going to reply to a question by picking apart the grammer. Let's face it, none of us are perfect and thats part of being human but we shouldnt be made to feel badly for our imperfections or flaws.
    Anonymous