jerk pharmacist

I am going to vent a bit.

Last week I found out my baby had died at 9 weeks. I had a D & E (like a D & C but instead of scraping the uterus, they suck out everything). Anyway after a week the bleeding has gotten worse and I've had some major clots.

So tonight I called the Doc and he wrote me a perscription for cytotec - which is what was inserted into my cervix to start labor with my daughter 2 years ago. I wanted to talk to the pharmacist and ask him what to expect - would have have cramping and feel something like contractions like I did with my daughter's birth?

So he comes up to me and right away blurts out "Are you taking this as the 'morning after pill?'" I am completely disgusted and hurt that he would automatically assume this of anyone. My baby died, for crying out loud and he just assumes I want to abort a pregnancy. I burst into tears and explained the situation and he had no sympathy. What a jerk :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• what a BASTARD!! i am so sorry for your loss. people can be so arrogant!!!!

Anonymous

• awe i'm sorry hon! that's just terrible. (((hugs)))
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'm sorry mama. I wouldn't go back there...and possibly even write him or the store owner a letter.

Anonymous

• the morning after pill does not abort babies.....it kills both the sperm and the egg(s) BEFORE they fertilize. If you are already pregnant (meaning a sperm has fertalized an egg) IT WILL NOT destroy it!!!! It's to PREVENT pregnancy.
    I can understand this is a very sensative thing for you, but the pharmisist was not trying to be insensitive.
    Anonymous

• I don't know where you went, but of it was a chain I would report him. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Im sorry thats horrible.
    Anonymous

• I am really sorry to hear that, and at such an emotional time =( But I can kind of understand where he is coming from. I am sure he deals with people who do this quite often and he may have just been asking to make sure, although I don't think he should have been so blunt about it! I am terribly sorry for your loss
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I agree..I would talk to the owner!! What an asshole. It's too bad that people expect the worst out of everyone anymore! I am so sorry for your loss. I am proud of you for not punching him!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 9:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yeah he wasn't trying to be an ass he was just asking a question. Maybe there was special precautions if you were taking it as a morning after pill. And no, it doesn't abort babies.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• frustratedSome people dont think

BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2010