My son fell, bit his lip, chipped his tooth. What to do?

The bleeding stopped, it doesn't look like he'll need stitches. I gave him tylenol and put peroxide on it. I'm more concerned about the chipped his front tooth. he is only 19 months, so it isn't like it is permanent, but should I take him to a dentist or doctor because of it? Could it have shoved back into his gums at all? I don't want an infection. Will he just have to be called "Chip" til he looses his tooth?

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• call the doctor and ask...just so you feel better

BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'm pretty sure they'll need to repair the tooth if the enamel was chipped off because he could get a cavity there. You'll need to call and check. GL
    Anonymous

• Um, Honey, he is not the first child to ever fall and chip a tooth. It will be just fine. There is nothing in the world that they can do about a chipped tooth.
    Anonymous

• Hell be fine.. Those teeth are all gonna fall out anyways...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If you are concerned, take him to the dentist & have them check it out. It IS a baby tooth, but he's still got years before it is supposed to fall out naturally, so the dentist may think it's best to cap it to avoid a cavity.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 5:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2010