If my mortgage company did a verification of employment does that mean I'll probably get the loan?

I know that I've been approved on my credit but I'm not sure if I make enough to qualify for the loan I'm trying to get. Today the mortgage company called my work to verify employment. Do you think that means I'm probably going to get the loan? I know I won't know for sure until she calls me but I was hoping someone could let me know what they think based on their experience. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• LOL. No.
    Anonymous

• Most mortgage companies do that. They have to make sure you really DO work, and know what you really do MAKE.

Anonymous

• Verification is employment is one of the documents required to compile the processing of your loan. After all documents are in the it goes to an underwriter. That's the person you want to work in your favor. Hope you get the house!
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Not necessarily, it is one of the steps they have to go through. They will also check to see how long you've worked at your current job. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2010