When is it no longer okay? Mom, Dad, Father.......

Quick question. For those of you who do or used to call your mom "mama" and your dad "daddy". At what point/age is it no longer okay. 30 and still saying daddy...that okay?

Just a thought.

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 9:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I call my momma, momma, and my daddy, daddy. I'm 22. Its normal where I'm from.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i still say mama and pops. that what i always called them. to change that to "mother and father" would be like calling them by their 1st names!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'm 40 yrs old and when I talk about my mother - I call her Mama. My father - became Dad sometime in the jr. high years.

My 20 yr old sons still call me Mama and their father Papa.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i tried as a teen to stop calling my parents mommy and daddy, but for some reason it just kept coming out, despite my own embarrassment. even though we don't have the best of relationships in the world, i still call them mommy and daddy, just simply because i'm used to it.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Till the day my father passed away, my siblings and I referred to him as "Dada"!!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think you can call your Mom and Dad whatever you want... I don't think there's an age limit on what you choose to call them.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'm in my 50's and still call my father, Daddy. It's just the way it is in our family. Mom is Mom though

Answer by admckenzie at 11:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• until my mom passed away she was mom. And occassionally I still climbed in her lap. But that last part was just to drive her nuts. lol. My dad is 65 and I'm 39 and still call him dad. I have never called my parents by their first names.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I call my mom, mom, and my dad, dad. When speaking to my mom, I refer to my father as daddy, and vice versa. I'm almost 31.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My Dad is still Lala... thats what my bro called him as a baby so it stuck and its what we all call him. I am almost 29, my bro is 23. My mom is mom, but i went through a phase as a teen where I called her Mother Dear. I didn't live with her and hardly ever saw her since she lived across the country from me. Eventually, I just decided to stop callin gher that and she went back to mom.
    Emmoney

Answer by Emmoney at 11:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2010