why won't God heal amputees?

you give him credit for healing cancer, autism, and anwering countless other prayers. He ends wars, famine, and suffering all because you prayed for Him to do so. But despite all of the prayers, God has never once caused a leg to grow back. Why is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dunno that He hasn't... but I am sure He has.... put together body parts after its been chopped off.. happens often in Africa.

Yeah in societies that don't believe or follow god, and practice witch craft blows all your theories out of the water by your own statment.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• You didn't bother to post the youtube video huh?
    Anonymous

• He doesn't really. He gave us the tools and the Doctors and Scientists the ability to use them, so in a sense he is behind it. However he did not heal them. The praise should go to those who did.

Doctor: 'Your recovery was a miracle!'
    Patient: 'PRAISE GOD. Now I don't have to pay you!'
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i know this sounds crazy to some but maybe because it is in his plan for them just like why does he not heal all people who pray that they're cancer to go away.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

What are you talking about?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Assumption 1: God has never healed an amputee. Who is to say that in the history of the world, God has never caused a limb to regenerate? To say, "I have no empirical evidence that limbs can regenerate; therefore, no amputee has ever been healed in the history of the world" is akin to saying "I have no empirical evidence that rabbits live in my yard; therefore, no rabbit has ever lived on this ground in the history of the world." It’s a conclusion that simply cannot be drawn. Besides, we have the historical record of Jesus healing lepers, some of whom we may assume had lost digits or facial features. In each case, the lepers were restored whole . Also, there is the case of the man with the shriveled hand, and the restoration of Malchus's severed ear not to mention the fact that Jesus raised the dead which would undeniably be even more difficult than healing an amputee.
    Anonymous

• Assumption 2: God’s goodness and love require Him to heal everyone. Illness, suffering, and pain are the result of our living in a cursed world—cursed because of our sin. God’s goodness and love moved Him to provide a Savior to redeem us from the curse, but our ultimate redemption will not be realized until God has made a final end of sin in the world. Until that time, we are still subject to physical death. If God’s love required Him to heal every disease and infirmity, then no one would ever die—because "love" would maintain everyone in perfect health. The biblical definition of love is "a sacrificial seeking what is best for the loved one." What is best for us is not always physical wholeness.
    Anonymous

• Assumption 3: God still performs miracles today just as He did in the past. In the thousands of years of history covered by the Bible, we find just four short periods in which miracles were widely performed. While miracles occurred throughout the Bible, it was only during these four periods that miracles were "common." The time of the apostles ended with the writing of Revelation and the death of John. That means that now, once again, miracles are rare. Any ministry which claims to be led by a new breed of apostle or claims to possess the ability to heal is deceiving people. "Faith healers" play upon emotion and use the power of suggestion to produce unverifiable "healings." This is not to say that God does not heal people today—we believe He does—but not in the numbers or in the way that some people claim.
    Anonymous

• Assumption 4: God is bound to say "yes" to any prayer offered in faith. Jesus said, "I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it". Some have tried to interpret this passage as a carte blanche from Jesus promising His agreement to whatever we ask. But this is misreading Jesus’ intent. Notice, first, that Jesus is speaking to His apostles, and the promise is for them. After Jesus’ ascension, the apostles were given power to perform miracles as they spread the gospel. Second, Jesus twice uses the phrase "in My name." This indicates the basis for the apostles’ prayers, but it also implies that whatever they prayed for should be consonant with Jesus’ will. A selfish prayer, for example, or one motivated by greed, cannot be said to be prayed in Jesus’ name.
    Anonymous

• Assumption 5: God’s future healing (at the resurrection) cannot compensate for earthly suffering. The truth is, "our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us" (Romans 8:18). When a believer loses a limb, he has God’s promise of future wholeness, and faith is "being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:4). Jesus said, "It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire" (Matthew 18:8). His words confirm the relative unimportance of our physical condition in this world, as compared to our eternal state. To enter life maimed (and then to be made whole) is infinitely better than to enter hell whole (to suffer for eternity).
    Anonymous