What else will the New HC Bill cause?

Scam alert issued on new health-care law

By Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — Beware of scam artists taking advantage of the new health-care law to peddle phony insurance policies, President Obama's top health official warned consumers Tuesday.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius issued the fraud alert as she announced new benefits for seniors and low-income people.

If the yearlong congressional saga that produced the sweeping legislation was murky and confusing, Sebelius vowed that her process for putting the law into effect will be the opposite — understandable to a typical consumer. "As soon as we know something," she said, "we're going to tell you."

She will have plenty of time to convince the law's skeptics, with four years to go until its major expansion of coverage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "As soon as we know something," she said, "we're going to tell you."

I don't know about the rest of you, but the above doesn't really instill a lot of confidence that they will ever really get it right.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Anonymous

• I don't think any of them know anything, it should be repealed because it is Unconstitutional! They passed it w/o reading it and none of them have any idea what is exactly in it!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Agree agentwanda..I mean every time we turn around they are basically saying 'oops' what is this? and why isnt that in there? You know things they said would be in there and insisted on before they passed it..I am more surprised by the number of folks ok with that from them..ok with the fact that they had no real idea of what it was they were craming down our throats.Passing by way of bribes.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• The whole situation scares me. I can guarantee the quality of my insurance will decrease but who knows what else is down the pike. It's like a horror movie. We're just waiting for another "boogie man" to jump out at us
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 1:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2010