If you tested postive for GBS? Please Answer!

Did your baby come out healthy & everything turn out fine? I am 38 weeks today- I will be induced next week because of other issues I've had. Today at the appt. I was told I was GBS pos. & I'm a little worried. I can't receive pencillin because I"m allergic so my doc said I will be given another antibotic. How did everything turn out for you. With my first pregnancy I was neg. He's healthy as a horse. And now I'm just scared!!! Any answers would be welcomed.....

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had it with both my kids i also was given a different drug b/c\ Im allergic to penicillin too they both were healthy
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Everything will be fine , i had it with the majority of mine , havent found out with this one yet will know wed. but even if you dont get the medicen that you need they will give it too baby as soon as it is born. You have nothing to worry about. Goodluck , congratulations on the new addition :)
    corey229

Answer by corey229 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i tested positive for it. never got a med or anything because things went to fast and everything was fine :)
    xxmandyraexx

Answer by xxmandyraexx at 10:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I was positive with 3 or 4 kids. All were fine. No problems or complications or issues or anything. It was the least of my worries, really.
    Anonymous

• I haven't had it (well I get the results back for this pregnancy in another week or so) but I've read that even without medication of any kind the chances of problems are less than 1 in 200 infants. That's like a half a percent. For children born to mothers who received medication, it's even less. They may just monitor him for a few hours after birth (as a precaution since most cases of illness show up quickly...although some do show up later on) but you have every reason in the world to believe that everything will be fine, he will be healthy, and you will both go home on schedule. Good luck!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I had it. They gave me antibiotics during labor and delivery and everything was totally fine!! This one's not worth worrying about!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• you will be fine. i had it last pregnancy, and this time and everything has been fine w both
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Thanks! I feel better now! I'm just a worried mama!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010