If you think abortion should be illegal, what plans should the goverment have in place to lower the chances for unwanted pregnancies,teen pregnancies and back alley abortions?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 10:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• EDUCATION and it needs to start in the home. I agree with 29again. Also, we need to be teaching our boys to respect women. I see so many young men that are so disrespectful and it really is irritating. Girls need to respect themselves, see themselves as some thing more than what hollywood portrays them. Abstinence is the best way to go, but keep communication between you and your kids open. My views on abortion don't only stem from my religious views, but also from a scientific standpoint. It's not just a fetus, or parasite as I've heard some people call it, it's a human, a living being. Life to me begins the second of conception, when the cells start multiplying.
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 10:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• None, go buy a condom and get on the pill like every other responsible woman.
    Anonymous

• We parents need to teach our daughters to value themselves, we need to help raise their self-esteem. And, maybe if we start treating our children as children instead of miniature adults, stop letting them do all sorts of things that we did as young adults because it is basically harmless, all their friends have seen/done that, so I'm going to be the mean parent if I don't let MY kid do that. We need families again, instead of single moms working all the time, letting their kids go because they themselves are struggling to do it all.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• The people who think abortion should be illegal just don't care. They would be against abortion on some flimsy lame Religious principles and wouldn't care if women died from back alley abortions. You know it is true.And they would say that the only answer is abstinenece and they would insist that schools should not teach kids about birth control. It is so selfish and yet they will keep on "preaching" .
    Abortion is a personal choice and. It should be legal. The government should stay out of our personal lives.
    ANd somebody has to teach our young people about birth control and responsibilty because the parents don't want to do it.
    Anonymous

• If a person wants to get an abortion they will get one no matter what.
    Making abortions illegal will not stop them, they will only go to more dangerous matters to end the pregnancy. Especially young teenagers.
    Sex education is very important.
    Also the old school parenting classes. My school didnt have them, I wish they had.....
    Anonymous

• The government should stay out of our personal lives. ~~ I agree, totally!

ANd somebody has to teach our young people about birth control and responsibilty because the parents don't want to do it. ~~ ummm, at what age do you think it is appropriate? This sort of thing was covered in HS, when I was young. NOW, it is covered in 5th grade. If I want to be the one to introduce this to my kids, I have to do it way before I think it is time. Why can't the GOV'T stay our of my personal life and let ME teach my kid about this??????

----
    I don't think the gov't really wants to stop it. If teen pregnancies were down, that would mean fewer people on PA, dependent on the gov't. And that is the ultimate goal now, all of us (or as many as possible) depending upon the gov't for everything.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• The people who think abortion should be illegal just don't care. They would be against abortion on some flimsy lame Religious principles and wouldn't care if women died from back alley abortions. You know it is true.And they would say that the only answer is abstinenece and they would insist that schools should not teach kids about birth control. It is so selfish and yet they will keep on "preaching" . Abortion is a personal choice and. It should be legal. The government should stay out of our personal lives. ANd somebody has to teach our young people about birth control and responsibilty because the parents don't want to do it.

Yes, they should. They should not be telling us we have to PURCHASE health insurance either. But, they did that. And there is nothing wrong with preaching to your children to respect and value themselves.

Anonymous

• I cannot imagine making abortion illegal. while it wouldn't be my choice, I would never think to take the right away from others as we don't know the circumstances of their pregnancies nor should it make a difference. I do believe in educating our girls and boys. Pregnancy can be prevented. Double up on birth control if needed!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

-----------------------------------

Oh yes, I am so selfish! How dare I want people to keep their pants up until they are ready, willing and able to accept the responsiblity of a child.

Forget handing out birth control and just saying "don't have sex." Leave pro life reasons out of it. Teach them WHY they shouldn't be having sex. Help them to determine the pros and the cons of sex and the consequences of sex.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Why is it the governments job either way?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2010