Curious as to what you think?

So say your pregnant and start at 120lbs but slowly get up to 200lbs by the end of your pregnancy. 6 months after your back down to 120lbs. No stretch marks and no one would ever assumed you ever made it to 200lbs. See this is what happened with me, but I am noticing that mothers that are all belly and don't put on any other weight get pretty bad stretch marks. So I'm thinking if you slowly gain throughout the entire pregnancy your better off as long as you work it off after. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Genetics and luck! Looks like you got both! LOL! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yup, genetics. I never had stretch marks.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• OP SAYS: My mother has tons of stretch marks though. But she also was never adiment about losing weight after like I am. I work it out and off. I can't stand the extra weight after baby is out.
    Anonymous

• My mom has stretch marks like a wolverine attacked her. I have none. I've gained all belly- 30lbs. It's diet. Coconut and avocado. No junk. Water.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I agree, my sister gained all belly and was left with the worst stretch marks ever and even when her son was 6 she was still being asked when her baby was due, it was very hard on her. I gained over 58 lbs, my tummy took forever to poke out but my legs, butt, everything got big. Less than 3 months after I delivered I looked just like I did before I got prego. No stretch marks at all and my belly had already disappeared. I felt incredibly lucky, but attributed a lot of it to breastfeeding.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 1:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I ate really healthy while pregnant. Gained all belly weight, only gained 40lbs and I look like I got hit by a semi. It's not what you eat, or how much you drink, it's your skin. (my baby was over 9lbs though).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Apr. 27, 2010