2 year old throwing toys at playgroup.

I know I shouldn't be embarassed but I was today. My daughter is suddenly out of control at her playgroup. She was throwing toys down the slide while kids were playing near by. I took the toys away and told her not to throw them but she grabbed anything she could find to throw. What would you have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If I told her "no" and she blatantly disobeyed her, I would have smacked her butt right then and there.
    Anonymous

• *disobeyed ME*
    Anonymous

• you did the right thing. i would have left the park or wherever and explained we don't do that. that's what we did with bad behavior in restaurants too. works really well!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• yeah anon get a grip. angry are we?
    Anonymous

• Contrary to some beliefs, spanking does not require anger. I believe in having firm boundaries.
    Anonymous

• I would've felt embarrassed too. But tomorrow you'll be fine. As a suggestion try to go to the park at times where there are not many kids around. (until your child learns to behave appropriately). Take snacks with you and only 1 or two toys.

I have to say again that tomorrow is another day and you'll feel better. Your child had a fun time which is what kids are here for. But I totally understand the frustration that this could have brought to you. Have a cup of tea or do whatever that helps you to feel relaxed.

You'll forget about all of this the next time you go the park when you see your dear child behaving appropriately. You'll have tears in your eyes as you see your child smiling and playing, you'll be so proud of child.
    Anonymous

• I would have done what you did, and then said"we dont stay and play when we thro toys".
    I do believe in firm boundaries but I dont think that means hitting someone smaller than me. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2010