Would you say fish sticks ar healthy?

They're on the menu at a potential preschool we are visiting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If they are not fried. Also if they are frozen they probably have preservatives.....
    You can ask them to atleast feel off the breading for him.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Not terribly healthy.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Not so much.... I'm sure there are worse things, but no, I wouldn't call them healthy.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Once in a while fish sticks are fine. They're delicious. But again once every two weeks is OK.
    Anonymous

• I'd say home made ones have the possibility of being considered healthy sometimes, but not really. :/
    Every once in a while though isn't bad.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 10:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Go to the grocery store, look at the nutrition label on a box for yourself, and make the decision for yourself. But IMO they are extremely unhealthy. Yes there are worse things, but they're near the bottom of my list.
    Anonymous

• You can request that your son not have them.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 11:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I personally will never feed my children processed foods. If it comes prepackage or premade it is most likely unhealthy. The food they feed children in school is complete crap. Its literally the cheapest stuff they can get. They do not care about your childs nutrition they care about money... pack him a lunch.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• it depends are they made with minced fish? then no they are crap...if it it made with whole filets and baked then they are healthy.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• You could ask to see the nutritional information on the fishsticks so as to be able to decide for yourself. Fishsticks, while not the best of foods, if baked and not fried, aren't all that bad when eaten in moderation and in conjunction with other, more healthy, foodstuffs. You could ask how they prepare the fishsticks and what will be served with the fishsticks, too, as well as if there are any alternatives if you don't want your child eating fishsticks.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2010