Very Hungry at 11 p.m. or 12a.m.....what can I do?

I am hungry about every 2 hours. I have been since I started working out in December. However, I haven't worked out for a month or two and now I'm back on it but I still get hungry every 2 hours so I make sure that I eat 3 big meals a day and snack in between. But when it gets to be 11 or 12 at night, I'm hungry. What can I do?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Eat carrots. You can never get too fat eating carrots. You would have to eat a bus load! They are crunchy and take longer to chew. They have replaced my horrible buttered popcorn habbit.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• drink a glass of milk, it's filling and good for you.
    Anonymous

• You can push your dinner back. Or have some cereal.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 11:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Quit with the 3 big meals and snacks - eat 6 small meals instead. When you wake up "hungry" drink a glass of cold water.
    Anonymous

• I have the same problem, but I usually just drink water. I think I will go to start going to bed earlier....hope that helps.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• BIG glass of water and chew gum. If you're eating three big meals a day plus snacks, you are already getting more than enough food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• try herbal tea
    LWESTBROOKS

Answer by LWESTBROOKS at 8:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I would just drink some water and go to bed, lol!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Try drinking a big glass of water before and at your meals. With every bite you take, take a drink of water. Also, eat smaller meals and eat something like carrots or celery or low calorie veggies and snacks throughout the day. Also, sometimes people mistake thirst as hunger. If you start thinking your getting hungry, try a glass of water. Does this help? If it does, it is more than likely you were just thirsty. I know it sounds funny, but try it. You might be surprised how you feel after you have drank water. Also, try making your last meal earlier and try not to stay up until late. You will notice that when you stay up late your hunger increases the later you stay up.
    lovinmyair

Answer by lovinmyair at 3:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010