Is having more than 1 child ghetto?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ghetto no, wrong I think so. I think that unless you have the funds to send your child to any college (yes even the best), can afford braces, a 1st car (even an oldie) all the cost of food and clothes then I think it is wrong. Also with our planet in the shape it is in I feel we have an ethical duty to stop over populating the Earth! I have one and I am done Hubby and I think it is the only reasonable thing to do. So many people think you need to have kids but you don’t it’s not fair to them if you have more than you can afford and it is terrible unfair considering food and water shortages that are projected.
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 12:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Huh?
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• What?? I should hope not. Where'd that come from?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If you're not married. A little.
    Anonymous

• ghetto as in the place the Jewish people were forced to live? i don't understand . . .

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 11:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• ohler also discovered that second and third children don't increase parents' happiness. His study of 35,000 adult identical twins in Denmark showed that more children make mothers less happy. On the other hand, "additional children beyond the first child have no effect for males [in relation to happiness]."

Even without hard evidence, we know intuitively that children add strain in most marriages. Daniel Gilbert, professor of psychology at Harvard, reviewed studies on martial satisfaction and reported in his book, Stumbling on Happiness, that marital satisfaction improves once the last child leaves home.
    Anonymous

• Kohler*
    Anonymous

• The houses in this area range from about 1.2 million to upwards of 3/4 million........ so not ghetto........ and I would say the average family has 2-3 kids. Many have 4-5.
    Anonymous

• Gallup has been asking people what they believe to be the best family size since 1936. From the mid-30s through 1967 between 61 and 77 percent of people preferred a family with three or more children. By 1973 the ideal family size dropped to two or fewer children. Today and since 1974 when the Gallup poll asked, "What is the ideal number of children for a family to have?" more than half of Americans, say a two-child family is best.
    Anonymous

• Hope not!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2010