Can You Help with a Baby Bunny?

Does anyone know how soon a bunny is able to move/hop or how to care for them? Neighbors dog had a wild baby bunny in its mouth. We got him to release the bunny and see no sign of outward trauma, but the bunny doesnt move its back legs or hop so I dont know if this is normal for a baby this size or if its injured. He does move his head and front paws a bit. Not sure of its age; he has fur and his eyes are open but his ears are still down and he doesnt move well at all altho he does squirm some (he seems to drag himself along to move). I am guessing he is about 1 to 3 wks. Originally we had left the baby where the dog found him but many hours later he hadnt moved at all and it was pouring rain so we thought it best to try and warm him. Per instructions on a rabbit site (which is where we got the idea to warm him) we have tried using a dropper to give him a bit of bunny formula but he's not taking it. Any other ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pets

• Poor bunny. I'd call a vets office and ask if it's the age or if it's hurt. You might even need to take it in.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 11:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have raised rabbits for a few years and by the time their eyes are open they should be pretty mobile or at least be able to hop around a little bit. I bet he did get hurt from the dog, you could either take him in to the vet or give him a few days and see what happens(depening on what you want to do) GL
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 4:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Find out if your area has a Wild Animal Rescue Organization. I live in a large metro area and there is a Wildlife Rescue that will take in baby animals and care for them. If you will google "wildlife rescue," you will find many websites for these groups. If you can't find one in your area, call the closest one you can find and they may be able to help you find a group closer to you.
    DogLover58

Answer by DogLover58 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2010