Post baby body Issues and sex issues

I had my daughter 8 months ago. I have always been full figured and before I got pregnant I was 175 lbs, and 5'3. I weighed 242 lbs when I delivered my daughter. Well now I weigh 190 lbs. Before my baby was born I never had body issues, and was not insecure about my body at all. Well now even though I have lost most of the baby weight, I have loose skin in my gut area. It is just excess skin. I never thought I was a vain person, but it bothers me, and I dont feel attractive anymore. My husband tells me constantly that he loves me, and loves my body. He is attracted to me, and wants to have sex. I have not been interested in sex since the baby was born. We went from having sex from 4-5 times a week, to maybe once a week now. I feel bad because I love my husband, but I am uncomfortable with myself now and dont want to have sex. I always liked being full figured, but now I dont feel sexy, I feel frumpy. Help from other moms?

Sillybillymel

Asked by Sillybillymel at 11:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Give yourself time. Many women take 1-2 years to lose their baby weight. Don't worry, about the loose skin, it may still tighten up. Just be sure to really lotion up your body very well every day and pay extra attention to your belly, butt and thighs. Also, many women lose their sex drive for a while after giving birth....you're TIRED! So give yourself time and BELIEVE your husband when he tells you he loves how you look....you just had his child. I am 21 months postpartum and just lost the last 10lbs a couple months ago.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think the lack of sex drive is a hormone thing because I am the same way with my hubby and we just had our baby 6 months ago. I was also the same way when we had our first and it took like a year to get my sex drive back!
    Luvmy2Boys85

Answer by Luvmy2Boys85 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Sex after baby can take a good while. You're a Mom now, which has a psychological effect and yep, the body changes. You can probably tighten up your belly a bit with a lot of hard work, running or cardio and pilates. It may not go back to where it was but it will probably make you feel better. Having the loose skin is just part of having a baby and over time, you'll get used to it. Give yourself a break and your sex drive and body image will improve, I'm sure.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Do sit ups dress nicer spend more time on your hair and grooming. You'll feel better when you are at your best.
    Anonymous