23 weeks pregnant and I am breaking out....

I am 23 weeks pregnant and my face and chest has started breaking out really bad.. I have never had a problem with acne or anything of the sort. I was my face everyday as well as my body.. Is there anything else I can do to help.. I would greatly appreciate it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• When I was pregnant I had to use the Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash. It didn't keep it all away but reduced it.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 11:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Neutrogena is great... However ask your doctor!!!!!
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I had pregnancy breakout too. My Dr said NOT to use anything with Salicylic acid. He had me use Benzoyl peroxide.
    Anonymous

• i broke out horribly both times I was pregnant. It was the only part I didn't like of pregnancy. I kept yelling "i though pregnant women had beautiful glowing skin" and here I was looking like a teenage boy in puberty. I hope you find something that works but definitely talk to your doctor about it first.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• just use a fresh towel after your shower everyday. when you go to bed change into fresh clothes. new pillow case everyday. try lever 2000 on your breakout areas. it works for me. drink tons of water. keep a food journal. see if some food is triggering the breakouts. your baby could be allergic to that food in the future. i wish i only broke out when preggo.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Thank you guys so much.. I will try anything at this point.. With my first one I didn't break out at all. So when I started breaking out like this with this one I was was like holy crap what do I do.. I really appreciate all you guys coming back and answering my question..
    nessajo25

Answer by nessajo25 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I agree with anon.

No to anything with salicylic acid, that's a known dangerous drug/chemical for unborn babies.

But I've also had terrible pregnancy acne (it's hormones) and my doc has said benzoyl peroxide is okay.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2010