Kidney Stones?

Has anyone ever had this? I have an appointment tomorrow morning and they think I have some kind of kidney issue. I have a lot of pain but not the type of pain others seem to get. Some say it is worse than childbirth. Thanks

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 11:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Health

• My husband used to get them all the time. He couldn't even walk when he had them. They only hurt when they are on the move. His were too small for surgery or anything. The only option was pain meds and drink water until you pee them out. If you are someone who is prone to kidney stones you can go on a low alkaline diet and it can prevent them. You can google low alkaline diet and get several sites and food lists.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I passed one and had four surgeries for them. I've had 3 children and a kidney stone is far worse than any child birth I've ever experienced. I was nauseous, vomiting, doubled over with pain, blood in the urine. It was awful. Try jumping up and down. I know it sounds dumb but it works if the stone is small.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I had a bout of kidney stones about 3 years ago. They are no picnic! The specialist told me to drink lots of water to keep my kidneys hydrated.
    Far as pain, I thought giving birth was more painful (big babies).
    Hope all goes well with you!!
    molly_ann

Answer by molly_ann at 10:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2010