What is a good diet plan?

What is a good diet plan, what have you done that has worked? I have been eating right and exercising every day but I have hit a road block with 10 more pounds to go. So what are some suggestions, what have you ladies done what is a good diet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Also I am breastfeeding so i can't just stop eating.
    Anonymous

• Start & end each day and each meal with a glass of water. More veggies, less carbs (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes) .. or eat whole wheat versions. And if you drink soda or juices w/ sugar, you can cut these out also. When you cook, you can bake, broil or grill meat rather than frying.

Diets are temporary, so you need to make some lifestyle changes for long term results.

Don't skip breakfast! Your body has gone 8 or more hours w/o food or drink, you need breakfast to get your metabolism going for the day!

Good luck!
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 11:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Change up your workout. Sounds like you have hit a plateau. Your body has adjusted to the workouts you have been doing, so it's time to switch it up.
    MsB78

Answer by MsB78 at 12:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Weight Watchers is a good program---it's sound.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 5:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I recently got stuck 55lbs into my weight loss, with 25 more to go. I FINALLY got over the hump (after 4 months of being the same frustrating weight) by changing up my workout to add in more weight training and I started swimming. I also cut my portions down. I took what I was eating for dinner normally and took 1/2 of it and put it away for lunch the next day. cheaper AND less food. I already eat very clean, hardly any processed foods, lots of veggies etc. Try not to let yourself get too hungry. I find that I am more likely to binge if I don't eat something small right after my workouts.
    Anonymous