Type O rh-..questions for mothers w/ the same...

my question specifically pertains to those if you whom have the same blood type. I was made aware that when i had my first daughter and had the RhoGAM shot that if I there were any chance of me conceiving again and the baby had the father's blood type of which were to be positive that my antibodies would attack the baby causing me to loose the baby. I am now considering eventually having another baby and my question is if there are any of you other mommies that have the same blood type and have had a successfull second pregnancy??? this is of huge concern to me and I would really like some kind of advice, opinion, anything would be of use...thank you

lexinicole

Asked by lexinicole at 12:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I am O-. I had Rhogam during my first pregnancy and again after delivery. I had no problems during my 2nd pregnancy becuase of Rh issues, and I did have shots again during and after my 2nd pregnancy. My understanding is it is only a problem with the second pregnancy if you don't get the Rhogam shots with the first. If you for some reason don't get the shots with the first pregnancy you could have issues with your second that might result in your needing blood transfusions for your baby during your pregnancy or possibly miscarriage. If you got your shots the first time, you should be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My mom was the first woman to have that shot in NY state. I have a younger brother and to my knowledge she didnt have any miscarriages between the two of us... but we are 6 yrs apart.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• btw... that was in 1968

anon :13
    Anonymous

• I am RH negative & got rhogam with my first DD at 20 something weeks & again after she was born. I just had my 2nd & got the Rhogam shot at 20 something weeks again but didn't need it afterwards because she is also RH negative.
    BTW I am A-

Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• ahhh...thank you all so much.This defintely makes me feel alot better about the situation. After learning of this all I have been almost in tears to think of this. I am so greatful to have other mothers out there that can help me w/ my concerns! Though I am not in a huge rush to have another baby just yet. i would like to finish up my schooling first, but I know I do want another baby and so does my boyfriend. It has been one of the toughest, yet best experiences in my life and I have always said I wanted at least 1 and no more than 2..but I'd be happy w/ whatever god blessed me w/!
    lexinicole

Answer by lexinicole at 10:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2010