Could god/s be our perception of ancient alien visitation?

Some of these theories propose that deities from most religions are actually extraterrestrials, and their technologies were taken as evidence of their divine status.

If the oral and literal traditions of most religions contain references to visitors from stars and vehicles travelling through air and space. These, he says, should be interpreted as literal descriptions which have changed during the passage of time and become more obscure.
Ex: Ezekiel in OT, he gives a detailed description of a landing spacecraft with angels in the likeness of man - Book of Enoch tells of similar flying objects and beings called "the Watchers" who have mutinied from "heaven" and descended to earth, but goes further in that Enoch is taken on journeys to various corners of the Earth in the object and at one point even travels to the heavens. etc

Thoughts? Were ancient people visited and create religions to explain it? Possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wasn't aware aliens really do exists??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• way too darn complicated explanation to prove the non existences of something you don't think exist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i wasn't aware god really does exist?
    and Yes I think so. It's crazy that they find ancient drawings that look like flying saucers and how there are crazy buildings that don't make sense..how they made them doesn't make sense. it's nuts!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Very possible. My dh is a history extremist, and he believes so. I don't see it being to far fetched.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

********

Out of billions of galaxies you honestly think we're the only planet that has life? Now there's some arrogance for you!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Out of billions of galaxies you honestly think we're the only planet that has life? Now there's some arrogance for you

It seem anytime there is a disagreement it is arrogance

NOT THAT IS ARROGANCE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

********

******
    Give me real proof and you can call me as many names as you want!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Give you real proof of what? Billions of galaxies?

And yes I'm sorry it is MY OPINION that believing out of the BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS of plants in those galaxies that we in this one dinky solar system are the only life forms at all.

I don't suppose you believe that Stephen Hawking is a genius do you?
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/space/article7107207.ece
    Alien life, he will suggest, is almost certain to exist in many other parts of the universe: not just in planets, but perhaps in the centre of stars or even floating in interplanetary space.

Hawking’s logic on aliens is, for him, unusually simple. The universe, he points out, has 100 billion galaxies, each containing hundreds of millions of stars. In such a big place, Earth is unlikely to be the only planet where life has evolved.
    “To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational,” he said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• ETA
    ***are the only life forms at all (is arrogant)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Some one needs to get that stick out of her butt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2010