Do you think NYC should be ashamed?

I do! And law or not; IMO these people have shown a lack of empathy boarding on sociopathic and if they could be identified I believe they should be required to complete some sort of community service.

WTH is WRONG with these people? Seriously? This is a sad commentary of the massive decline of our society. Right here; smack in our faces and how many will sit back and agree; well it's not 'out place' to get involved...

He's DYING on a sidewalk; who's f'ing place is it???

"Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax was stabbed several times in the chest while saving a woman from a knife-wielding attacker. Then he bled to death while dozens of people walked by -- one stopping to snap a picture of the dying man with his cameraphone before leaving the scene."

There is video:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/24/hugo-alfredo-tale-yax-doz_n_550854.html

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• That is sick. The poor guy.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• the poor guy!! he saves the woman and no one tries to save him ;[ they should be very ashamed >.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Holy crap! These stories always amaze me! I just can't believe it! Hey- a dying guy, let me take a picture, but not call 911. It's so hard for me to understand how the human brain gets to that place. Should NYC be ashamed? Not necessarily. Should those people that passed by be? Absolutely!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• NYC should be ashamed, but so should the Today Show and every other sicko ratings whore who played the video multiple times today.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:07 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I heard that a couple of people DID call but gave the wrong address, so paramedics didn't get to the guy in time to save him. And, this story is everywhere today. Why choose Huffpo for your source when there are so many more credible (acceptable) sources? Not going to Huffpo, so I don't know how badly they mangled this story. It is tragic, but there were some who did try, at least a little. Too bad they didn't know where they were at that time of the morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My husband has type 1 diabetes. Sometimes, not often but sometimes he gets such low blood sugar that he passes out and he can have a seizure. Well one day he ran to Target for a few things and he happened to get VERY low blood sugar he passed out and for 2 hours people walked past him until he had a seizure then someone called 911. The worst part was it was Aughst in Phoenix Arizona and was 117 that day. He had the worse sun burn I ever saw by the time I got to him. Salt fell from his hair like sand as I ran my fingers through his hair. He could have died but did not! Still I thought about the many people hundreds (it is a super busy Target at 2pm) that just walked by. I did not watch the video of this poor man dying because I could not stand to see man being so cruel to another man. But I wish him peace <3 He really is a hero and it is unfair death!

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 4:57 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Sometimes folks do not know what to do BUT everyone knows how to call for help..even alot of 2 yr olds are capable of that much.That is really a shame..I agree though that it is on the people passing by not by all New Yorkers.I'm sure there are some who would have helped the man if they were there.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• This breaks my heart :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:59 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• listen not to be on the side of the people that ignored the guy but its nyc. half the time things are not real and half the people are tourist that probably don't even understand. it is a shame but most people in my experience are not bad in nyc. i have always have had help when i couldn;t figure out the subway and such. i probably would of thought it was a sham. the messed up part is the lady did do anything. if someone saved my life i myself would of tried to save the man. what happened to this mystery lady? why exactly did she not help him? she is the one that cruel. yes it is cruel but now a days we can never be too safe this could of happened any place. its a very sad sad world we live in. i hope whom ever stabbed him gets what is coming to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2010