Is it true?

I have heard and could possibly believe it, that Mexico won't house their most dangerous criminals, but instead pushes them over the border here to America, for us to deal with them. Such as Rapists, Murders and Child Molesters. This is just something I have heard, I could possibly believe it, because of how corrupt the Mexican government is as well as in my local area we seem to have quite a few Hispanic criminals. But then again it could just be a rumor that they do so. I am NOT SAYING that anyone who is Hispanic is a criminal. I have many Hispanic friends who are very dear to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I doubt anyone here will be able to prove or disprove this for you. It doesn't seem outside of the realm of plausibility to me.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Hmm I see it. The Ciudad Juárez state facility is located on a key drug-smuggling route to the United States, it holds criminals from all the major gangs and from all corners of the country. It is extraditing as many drug criminals as possible to the United States (about 100 each year) and building 12 maximum-security prisons by 2011.
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/212942
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Yes corruption is rampant in Mexico and thats just why they don't "push" them over the borders. That statement is rather sill if you think about it. Why would these gangs and cartels allow themselves to be "pushed" out. They have a very lucrative business in Mexico that they know they could not have in the US. If they feel they can benefit by doing some sort of business (illegal) in the US they have no problems getting here. While the US makes it easy to come inside our borders there is also a much greater chance of being caught.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 27, 2010