Is this just insecurities or should I really feel dumb (cause I do)?

I was texting my friend and at the end of the conversation he told me to hit him up and goodnight... my response was ok, when do you want me to hit you. jk. goodnight.

I know I am very insecure and I stress about everything but now I feel dumb even though it was a joke and I don't know if it's because I should or if it's not a big deal and my insecurites and taking control. Please don't be mean about this to me... It won't help much. Also, I am stressing because I don't know when he wants me too hit him up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• what does "hit me up" mean??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• umm doesnt that mean talk to me later?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I think that was a cute reply. Just text him 2mrrw or you can wait for him to text or call you. ;) I miss those days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• not stupid. its cute. the last guy i dated always said "hit me up sometime" and it drove me crazy cuz when is sometime? and where should i hit him?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I thought it was a cute/funny reply. I would not even worry about it. Guys can pick up on that insecurity & it is un-attractive. I know how you feel though. When i was falling in love with DH, sometimes i felt so stupid for the smallest things. I just REALLY wanted him to like me. I would get nervous that he thinks i am a total dork at times. Well, i later found out that my dorkiness is what attracted him to me...LOLOL!

Just be yourself. If you cannot comfortably be yourself with him, then move along. You don't want him falling in love with someone who is not really you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• you're overthinking it cuz you like him. hit him up whenever you feel like it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Yeah, I'd just contact him whenever I wanted

Answer by admckenzie at 10:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• it just means to "call me". but you could turn it in to funny by saying something like "upside the head?... but k, nite would be fine too :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It was cute and a fine response. He will probably hit u up soon so i wouldnt worry about it too much.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It was a cute response, don't feel dumb. I do that, I over analyze everything and freak out over little things, so I understand. It was a cute response though, no worries : )
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2010