What do you think?

Dh and I got into a bit of an argument the other day. I don't think we should leave DD (4 months) with a babysitter unless we HAVE to. I.e. both of us working. Even then she's usually only with her for about 3 hours max. Dh made the comment that his friend is off on sundays, so every sunday he's going to take dd to his moms so they can go fishing. I said umm no! why can't you go before I go to work? I really don't like his mom watching her because she's doesn't feed her enough, and she doesn't give her enough naps. And apparently dd just s creams with her (prob. bc she's hungry and tried lol). She waits until dd starts screaming before doing anything for her. I have not been out with any of my friends in a YEAR. I was bedrest while pregnant while he got to go out. he's gone out several times since dd was born. I take her everywhere with me! (con't)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it's fair that he's going to sit there and say he's going to go out every week and drop the baby off. I told him suck it up! It's called being a dad and being responsible!! Once in awhile is ok. But I need time to get out of the house too!! He had the baby for 2 full days while I worked and acted like he was soo tired and blah blah. Yea guess what, I do that 7 days a week!. He says he gets teh baby every night while I'm at work. Ok he picks her up at 6, she's in bed by 8. Then when I come home at midnight I take over if she wakes up. He's just making me so mad! Why are guys such buttheads? And I don't want to hear "men just need time to get out" because women do too!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Men truly ARE buttheads, I've got one just like yours but instead of fishing, it was golf. We had twins in 2008 and the first year of their lives was complete and total hell on our marriage. My "dh" (lol) actually said to me that his life shouldn't have to change because he had kids. That instead of him adjusting to their schedule, that they would have to adjust to his..................................................................Yes, he really said that shit to me. My head just about popped....Anyways.... He had his "outlets" as he calls them. Golfing and playing pool with my dad. I was exhausted and suffering from PPD and the only two days he was here to help were the weekends and he would go golfing rather than stay and help me or let me sleep. All I wanted to do was sleep more than a few hours straight. I wanted to strangle him. We fought CONSTANTLY over this stupid golf thing. ...cont'd
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:10 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Winter came and the course closed. It was then he realized how much work having two babies at once was...he'd never looked after them for more than a few hours. I also started waking him to help me with night feedings (I never wanted to wake him since he had to go to work and I didn't) because I just couldn't deal with my sleep deprivation.

Sorry off topic there. Nobody takes care of a baby better than mommy does but you should find someone you trust so that you can have a bit of a life outside of home. It's hard the first year, we are totally absorbed in and focused on caring for our babies but moms need to focus a bit on themselves to stay sane. Adult conversation was something I never knew I missed until I went back to work when the twins were a year old. As for your DH wanting to fish EVERY weekend...err...no...how about you guys alternate weekends so you can get out too. Tell him take it or leave it!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2010