Why do you make your unborn baby pay for your mistake, just because you didn't have the gull to wear a condom or use birth control?

Answer me that. Yeah I'm against abortion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not for or against abortion. I am for responsibility. Whatever that means to you. In some cases I think it is responsible of the mother to have an abortion simply because if she thinks she cannot take care of the baby or she knows she's a drug addict and won't quit even while pregnant, than it's probably best for the baby. And those who choose to keep the baby are responsible because they want to take on the responsibility of their actions. Though sometimes they might resent the baby for it, but in the end it really boils down to the choices you make for yourself and that child. No one else.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I'm pro-choice. But I think it's the wrong choice. I would never do it, but I can't judge someone for making their own decision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i really put a lot blame on society but either way you cant win,you have people saying you gotta be some one or you are worthless piece of trash,then you have other saying you should abort because others shouldnt have to pay "food stamps and other form of help" either way i dontget it either and this pitty "i was not ready " bolony ,noone is ready even if you wait being a mom is hard from ages 15-45,people will say "what if they were raped? well do your research most abortions are not done out of rape,in actual fact rape is the lowest reason for aborting a child.these are the real reasons ..too young,still in college,got pregnant by a jerk,dont feel you have enough money,have too many kids already,cheating on spouse,dont know who the dad is,will stand in the way of your job,wont be able to go to college, those are the top reasons and last is actually rape.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i dont......
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• The problem is, most people I have met who are for abortion don't believe that it's a baby. Personally, I think it is a human life the moment the sperm and egg meet. But I guess nobody really knows for sure one way or the other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Well I am also against abortion personally (not legally) but I think one answer you will get is that birth control fails fairly commonly and is often in use when an unplanned pregnancy occurs. Another will be that in some really terrible situations (drug abuse, health condition, domestic abuse, extreme poverty, degenerative disease etc) the woman feels she is doing it to protect the [future] child from suffering in life.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Yeah, you should have asked your rapist to stop and put a condom on. Not all cases are so clear and simple. I am pro life, but I know that there are circumstances when a woman is a victim and is further victimized by being forced to carry to term the child of the man who violated her. I know the arguments against what I am saying (MIL is very very very pro life), but I just don't agree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i am pro choice as well. though i would never get an abortion and it really makes me angry to hear of anyone trashing there baby. i cant stand it. but in my heart, i am not the one to judge anyone. i have my own life to live and pay the consequences of. no woman should feel fear when making this type of decision. it is hard enough i am sure to think about, but to follow thru?? i feel sad for all the woman who have had to do this...
    BUT ON THE OTHER HAND!!
    this is what my heart says too...
    everybody knows what causes pregnancy. and there are so many ways to ensure you dont get pregnant!! now why would you not protect yourself and create the possibility of getting pregnant?? then take anothers life because you are selfish and stupid!! how can you look at yourself everyday knowing what you have done? and how do you tell one child you will keep them and another child that they have to die?? who are you to determine ones life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Yes, because every woman who has been raped or had a birth control fail is at fault & should deal with their choice to recklessly create an unwanted life. I'm so glad there are people out there that think these women should suffer their own life for their horrible mistakes in life. I'm so glad you think it is best for every single child to be carried to term & brought into this world. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. Except next time, while you're bashing people for their choices, I would hope you suggest ways for them to better their lives than just being a bitch with a stick up your bum because not every single person in this world agrees with your choices in life. =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:31 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Yeah, you should have asked your rapist to stop and put a condom on. Not all cases are so clear and simple.
    ___
    In the only major study of pregnant rape victims ever done, Dr. Sandra Mahkorn found that 85% chose AGAINST abortion. Rape and incest amount to less thn1% of total abortions! This is the most annoying "justification" you people throw! Anyone TRULY pro life knows that rape is the SMALLEST % of abortions. So lets talk about the actual "solid". Are you ready?
    2004
    rape incest less than 1%
    Mothers health 4%
    Baby's health 3%
    " not ready" 25%
    " too young" 7%
    " unsure relationship" 8%
    "Partner wants her to" Less than 1%
    "Has all the children she wanted" 19%
    "can't afford a baby" 23%
    "Would interfere with career or college" 4%
    "other" 7%
    So out of those 94% of those abortions CAN BE PREVENTED. How you ask? 1. keep your legs closed. or 2. use bc responsibly!
    http://www.johnstonsarchive.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2010