Too Soon?

I have a 2 year old son, but I want to have another baby...is it TOO soon to introduce a new baby to the family?

Hezekiahs_mom

Asked by Hezekiahs_mom at 2:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, I think everyone has a different answer for this question. Some people start trying when their babies are still infants, only a few months old. Other people wait longer 4-7 years and obviously some have only children. I think starting to make plans for another child when the first child is around age 2 is pretty average. That thought occurs to many mothers around the same time. Incidentally, in countries where women exculsively breastfeed and have delayed fertility as a result, when the first child is age 2-2.5 is the average age for second pregnancy. I think you just have to figure out what is right for your family and all members involved.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Well only you and your hubby can make that dission. IT all depends on how you two feel about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Personally, I do not think it is too soon at all. I think it is just right. I would like my children to be about 3 years apart. If you and your spouse are ready I say go for it. Good luck!
    tera84

Answer by tera84 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2010