Another Child?

I'm currently having a debate in my head and with my DH about this. Background: he's military, I left after two years of college to join him on an overseas tour and we had a child here. She's a year old and we're debating whether or not to have another. We'll be here two more years. I'm a SAHM currently. DH wants me to go back to work to get a handle on my student loans. We don't need me to work to pay it and even go on vacations though. I want to finish college when we get back to the states and become a doctor. Would two kids make it too hard to do that? Would it be unfair of me to say I don't want to work while here? My last experience was anything but friendly, I worked until my DD was 6 mnths old and she hated daycare, and that's our only option for childcare... Opinions? Advice?
She's really extremely stranger anxious right now and I'm still breastfeeding, she's 12 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Is there another military mom whose child you could watch to make some extra money, give your baby a playmate, and keep you from having to get a job outside the home? Plus you could do that pregnant or not. Just a thought, otherwise it seems you and your DH just have to find a compromise and timeline you are both happy with. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Edit* I really just want another baby! We decided a long time ago that we'd have two close together and DD is already a year old.. so we were thinking start trying in July for another one, and DH agreed, but then he decided I should go back to work.. and I was already all excited about being pregnant again!! Whine! .. >< Wish getting pregnant only took one person :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I think that you both are going through that phase that your little one is not so little anymore and that can bring on the urge even when your head is saying wait a minute (or a few years) there should be no rush follow your dreams of college and enjoy this little one for a bit I betch ya you'll be glad you did :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2010