~College Chemistry~What can you tell me about it?

I am considering taking a college certificate program. I am curious as I never took Chem in high school. What should I expect? What sort of math is involved? Thank you:)

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 6:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is hard and lots of hours needed to study. My husband was an A chem student with AP chem in high school. He also had a perfect SAT score....took chem his first semester in college. Ouch. Calc is the main math. But math wasn't his issue.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I don't remember the math being that hard. I took college chem and organic chem, but it's been years. Organic chemistry was harder. I didn't think chemistry was bad, but I took lots of science and chemistry classes in high school. I think if you did decent in high school math and science classes, you should be fine.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Attend every class. Do all of the homework.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2010