HOW DO I KEEP CALM WHEN IM TRYING TO BUYING A HOUSE!

MY BOYFRIEND AND I PUT AN OFFER ON A SHORT SALE LAST NOVEMBER AND WE ARE STILL BATTLING WITH THE BANK OVER A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS. I JUST WANT TO OWN A HOUSE WHEN THE BABY COMES. WE HAVE TOLD THE BANK THAT WE WOULD JUST PAY THE EXTRA MONEY, BUT THEY COME BACK SAYING SOMETHING NEW EVERY TIME. HAS ANYONE EVER GONE THROUGH THIS SITUATION BEFORE?

allottamom

Asked by allottamom at 9:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• SHORT SALES STINK (The banks want as much money as they can get, they should be happy you want the home) but it is a great deal...

Don't give up, hang in there, it takes a while but you can do it. I see it all the time at work. Just have faith!!!! If it is meant to be it will be yours.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Short sales are hard, and banks are notorious for being difficult to deal with. One thing you can do is take a look at the rest of the market. Pull up listings in your area online and visit some that look good and are in your price range. If you don't get the one you put the offer on then you will have a back up plan. Also, if you are looking for a good deal, check out the HUD forclosure listings in your area. We bought one in Feb and are working on it now. There were things to be done, but we got a 4 bedroom 2 bath house for less than $15,000.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Thank you everyone! We are suppose to be hearing from the bank this week! Wish me luck!
    allottamom

Answer by allottamom at 10:07 AM on May. 8, 2010