Mother Day's is next month, What are some of the things your mother told you growing up, that you live by as a adult now?

The words from my mom was to repect others, don't live above your means, sooner or later it will catch up with you, Which it did,lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• everything in the dark will come to the light, and dont take no one's sh!t, especially a mans lol!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Treat people as you would want to be treated. My mother taught me that, live, love and laugh....

My mother was always sick, but she had a hurt of gold. RIP mom, I love you!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My mother taught more by example. She showed me that a great attitude can overcome anything. She was diagnosed with lung cancer when I was 14. The dr.'s gave her a 16% chance of surviving 2 years. She asked God to let her see her girls (my sister and I were 13 and 14 at the time) graduate from high school. He not only did that he let her see both of us graduate from high school, me get married and have 2 wonderful little boys and my sister get engaged to a great man. She made it 8 years which was miraculous. It will be 2 years on May 22 that she passed. I love and miss her so much.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 9:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Mom always use to say, "I hope I live long enough to see you have teenagers who treat you exactly the way you treat me'. She did not live long enough to see my 4 children grow into wonderful people via the teen years. Many was the night I would get down on my knees and say to mom, "I'm sorry I was a teenager". I miss my mother.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:03 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My mother has a heart of Gold, she taught me to take and give without expecting anything in return, she also taught me this to live by and it is my golden rule do to others what you expect them to do for you, love your neighbor and never judge a book by its cover!

Answer by older at 10:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My mother said to never go a day with out telling those that you love just that...that you love them. And I don't.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My mom used to say "Your reputation precedes you". I hated it but she was right!
    Put your top sheet on upside down so when you get in the design is all around you and when you fold the top down you see the pretty part.
    Treat others how you want to be treated
    Do the right thing even if no one is watching.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My mom said that your kids will always be worse (behaved) than you are- that it's payback!! And boy was she right!!

She also said that parents always want better for their kids than what they had- which she was also right about!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Anything my mom did or said, I just do the opposite and I'm generally better off...
    taylor-made

Answer by taylor-made at 12:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I love my mom, but she hasn't always been the best role model. But, one thing she said that I agree with is that the job of a mother is to raise her children to be self sufficient enough that as adults they don't need their mothers to take care of them.

Something my grandmother taught me is "Before you get married, keep both eyes open. After you get married, shut one of them."

My mother in law says "This too shall pass, so don't let it get to you too much".

I think all 3 statements are very wise words :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2010