Did I over react with doctor slighting my son ?

I went to a perinatologist while pregnant I had a terrible pregnancy 7 months strict bed rest went once a week to his office had surgery while pregnant. This doctor has a facebook page every time a mom sends a holiday card with pics of baby to his office he always acknowleges it on face book i.e. so glad baby so and so made it to the world healthy great seeing pics what ever. I sent 3 cards and a thank you letter with sons pics he never acknowleged it. I then posted a pic of my son on his wall like other mothers did only mine had a holiday greeting. Needless to say again every babies pic was at least acknowleged except mine. I dont expect him to gush over my son but at least acknowlege it. When a friend of mine posted a pic he immediately commented and gushed how great it was to see her kids on face book. I thought maybe he is prejudice and wrote him an email. He called ans yelled at me saying i was too sensitive:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds like you have waaaaay too much time on your hands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• honestly, I would say you are stressing yourself over something that isn't important, just focus on your child
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• your doctor called to yell at you?? that was out of hand, but on the other hand, i would have probably said the same thing. understandably its annoying that he didnt comment you back, but a simple comment on fb would have sufficed...something like, hey did u get the card i sent, i never got a response...or im jealous, you didnt comment me back or something playful, but taking the time to write a serious email bc your doc didnt say how happy he was to see your sons pics is a little much. hell he saw u everyweek for 7 months, maybe hes tired of lookin at ya lol..(that last part was a joke!)
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• for your own sanity... just let it go. This probably won't be the last time that this type thing will happen to you (it happens to al of us at some point in time). You just gotta let it roll off and move on...
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i agree with veronicalee just let it go.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• well your doctor was being unprofessional but I would agree with you that there seems to be some bad blood already if he's actually ignoring you. Seriously though, this is so not worth it. I would never have sent a serious email complaining that he isn't commenting enough on your facebook messages/pictures. Write him off and maybe take a facebook break for a while. The online world isn't worth getting upset over.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I would find a new doctor! Let it go and move on!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Why don't you pay more attention to the baby then your doctors face book.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I'd have to agree to find a new doctor but that's because I'd never friend a doctor of mine on facebook or myspace. I think its blurring the professional/personal lines just a little too much and can run into issues like him not responding to something like this and you getting upset. And with professionals like doctors, you want them to remain objective and looking from the outside because they will notice things that you don't and can preform their jobs better.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/la-he-facebook-20100426,0,5754257.story
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I think its strange you'd try so hard to get recognition for your child and get so mad when you didn't get it. I mean...do you realize how many babies doctors help to deliver? Maybe the ones he posts are just the ones that he feels closest with the family. Maybe he didn't feel that close with you. If you need a doctor that is more one on one cuddly bubbly, maybe try to get a midwife next time. Sorry..what I'm typing here seems meaner than what I intend it to sound like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 27, 2010