Weird question about my son's penis lol

He was circumcised as a baby, and now at 12 months (he will be a year tomorrow) it still doesn't really "look" like he is. Is this something that is normal? My first was a girl so I have no experiences with boys. Is this something that will change once he grows?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have his doc check. sometimes the foreskin heals oddly(not sure what its called) but basically the foreskin needs to be retracted. this happened to my son at about 8 months. its a simple office thing they do and just have some triple antibiotic with pain reliever around. but def have it looked at. it can sometimes self correct later, but doc told me that now urologists are saying it has to be handled as young as possible to avoid surgery later. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• my sons foreskin looked like it was still there underneath his weenie, like it could still roll up and down when i wiped him, etc but as he (and his weenie) have grown over the past 2 years you cant tell. his thing is gonna get bigger and the extra skin will get smaller
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Oh wow thanks! His 1 year check up is this Friday so I will be sure to mention it!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• yeah sometimes theres a little extra skin and it will contract back when he gets older and starts "expirementing with himself" lol at least thats what my dr told me...what kind of circumsicion did he have...theres 2 different types...gomco and plastibell...my son had the gomco...i justlooked at pics and i feel bad now :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• still call his doc to look at it. they used to say leave it and the penis will grow and the skin will stay the same(as pp said) BUT now urplogists are not wanting that-it can cause issues later.just what i was told(shrugs) I would just call to be safe.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• OP here,,My son had the bell done. When I am changing him I still find myself having to pull back the skin and clean around there just to make sure it doesn't get infected. I didn't think much of it when he was still an infant because I figured that it would eventually even out. But now that he is almost 1 it still looks exactly the same.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My son's was the same way. He's 3 now, and when he goes pee and it gets a bit hard you can till it's right - when he's older and starts getting erections for whatever reason you should notice it looks more normal. DS still looks only partially circ'd when he's "soft".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My son is the same way and he is 16 months old. I just push the foreskin back and clean around it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2010