razor bumps?

how do you keep from getting razor bumps (or get rid of them)? I shave it all and I always end up with little red bumps on my bikini line.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I use "Bikini Zone" gel right after I shave.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:00 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Hi,, I have terrible razor bumps,, they are caused by the hair trying to poke back up,, I used Bikini Zone,, but honestly have found that Nair is the best bet for me,, the next day I retreat with Bikini Zone to keep from getting ingrown hairs!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• try shaving in the shower with hair conditioner instead of shave gel/foam which is made of soap and will dry out your skin.... then when your get out of the shower and are dry immediately use lotion where you shaved. if that doesnt work try putting on the lotion before you even dry off- crazy but it works i live in ohio and the winters are brutal cold and dry and i have sensitive skin. also using an old razor can cause bumps because you have to shave more times to get all the hair off.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• try using a loofah sponge or a shower glove to exfoliate. If you use it every day after shaving it eliminates the ingrown hairs.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Try using TendSkin, it's similar to the product BikiniZone which was mentioned above, but I'm a TendSkin girl. It is seriously miraculous stuff. I bought mine at CVS or Duane Reade.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 1:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i heard you can avoid the bumps if you shave the way the hair is going and not against it.
    i tried it once and it worked but i get lazy and in a hurry and im like okay its done...and i always get
    razor burn. but yeah try shaving with the hair. =)
    PrincessTierra

Answer by PrincessTierra at 1:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2010