Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This may be a dumb question I don't know, but DH and I want one more child then I am trying to talk him into getting fixed instead of me after we have one more. But how do we go about it? Who does them? Do I go to my OB to tell him he wants fixed? Do we go to our family dr? Or do we go someplace else?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • He needs to talk to his own doctor and go from there - usually you need a referral from your regular doc to see a specialist who will do it - but some docs do it right in-office (a guy from my church had it done by his family practice doc - the wife babysat my kids for a while is how I know).

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • Researched vecectomy doctors, my hubby had a top texas certified dr with 0 failer rates. Depending on where you live i can give you the number. your ob can refere you guys too. Good luck

    Answer by dkej242 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • urologist

    Answer by Bearsjen at 10:10 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • so don't go to my family doctor go to a urologist?

    I live in Akron

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • I'd call my family doctor and get a referral

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • Urologist

    Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2010