• In the Spotlight:

Receiving blankets don't swaddle my 2 month old.

They are too small for him. So we started using one of those swaddling blanket things that you can buy at walmart but it's getting too small too! I can't find a bigger one and I have no idea what to do! He won't sleep at night without it and it calms him when he is fussy. Can I cut a light sheet and use that? We have bigger baby blankets but they are soft and kind of fuzzy, but I'm afraid it's too warm to swaddle him.

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried babie-r-us or the swaddle me's website? They come is a variety of sizes.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• You can make your own. Buy two pieces of fabric, cut them in a square the size you need, and sew them together. If you want light blankets buy very thin cotton fabric. For thicker blankets use flanel on one side and cotton or satin on the other side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Also, if you want really thin blankets use only one piece of fabric and hem it; if you just cut it most fabrics will ravel.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• they were too small for my baby too so i used a fleece twin sized blanket it's probally too hot for fleece now though lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• We use Halo sleepsack swaddles, and they are plenty big. They come in size newborn (0-3m) and size small (3-6m) with lots of leg room and plenty of flexibility on how tight you do the velcro. And they come in cotton or fleece. I know you can get them at www.halosleep.com as well as BRU. I definitely recommend them over regular blankets, and any of the other swaddlers!
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 11:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• google Miracle Blanket. It's the best swaddle blanket ever.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Have you tried a baby grow bag? I have a friend that swears by them for her LO.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I found a large swaddle blanket at babies r us. I don't think wal-mart carries the bigger size. I would reccomend starting to wean your lo on swaddling though. From personal experience when they outgrow the blankets and figure out how to wiggle out of them in the middle night, you're getting up three or fourtimes a night just to re-wrap them. It's a big pain!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2010