Who else needs to fire the tooth fairy?:)

We definitely need to. She seems to have forgotten us, again. (*oops*) But luckily for her, we have great excuses to comfort our children, until she gets her act straight the following night! Lol...anyone else's toothfairy need to have a better memory?!:)

mommamercer929

Asked by mommamercer929 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• The toothfairy forget our house once, but I managed to get buy that time. I used to make notes from the toothfairy. I'd use a script font and print it in the smallest size you could read. My daughter was convinced only the toothfairy could write that small. Unfortunately, I left the document open on my computer and my daughter found it. The toothfairy was "fired" at that point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I have done it, lol, but told my kids are you sure??? Did you look really good???

They say the tooth is there, then when they look again it is gone.

I tell them you must have had the tooth so snug under your head, her tiny little body could not get it. Next time you have to put it too the side, she must of had to back track to get that special tooth.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• There have been multiple times that the toothfairy should have been fired. The toothfairy has even made phone calls to let him know that a lot of kids lost teeth that night and when she got to our house he was already awake. He bought it. I have been the toothfairy for my friend's kids too when she has forgotten.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• That is too funny! Firing the Tooth Fairy. I like it. If my son had it his way he would prefer to interview his Tooth Fairy and see which one he best likes based on appearance and which goodie the Fairy will bring. He also interviewed his Easter Bunny. He decided the one at one mall didn't look quite right so we went to another mall - thankfully that met his approval. There really was a huge difference in appearance. Something in the first didn't feel right to him.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Not according to my kids! At $5 a tooth, they'd prefer for her to make an appearance more often! That's what happens when the kid looses the tooth right before bedtime and Mrs. Fairy only has a $5 on hand! lol.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Our tooth fairy gives more when she's a day or two late.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• We don't do the tooth fairy thing in our house... We just give them $5 for a tooth...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• lmao :) I just love all the responses...sounds like some of you have the same toothfairy we do;) Anon 10:20, I make them notes too, I'll keep your response in mind so I don't get caught:) Oh and I have definitely used the "Are you sure??":) And, the tooth fairy always makes up for her slipups with a little extra money! At least Santa or the Easter Bunny hasn't forgotten yet. With four kids (possibly 5 soon), who knows...haha! Let's just hope that the Mother's Day or Anniversary fairy doesn't forget, because I don't forgive as easily as kiddos do....I'll lock it's little butt in the doghouse!;) Thanks for the laughs mamas!
    mommamercer929

Answer by mommamercer929 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2010