has the dr told any of you that u need to gain weight?

I will be 33wks tomorrow with my 2nd. I went to the dr yesterday and i saw a different dr than usual and i was told i needed to gain a little weight. I am not that worried about it but then again maybe i should try to gain a few, i dont know. I am short 4-10 and i weigh 136. i was 100lbs when first pregnant with my daughter and only gained 16lbs with her she was born on her due date and was 5lbs 9oz. when i was born i was 4lbs 11oz. my boyfriend is short and average i guess he is 5'4 and 140ish.I am not expecting a big baby at all which is fine.i lost weight from being so sick and i have gained it all back the dr says i have lost 2lbs since coming though.so any of you been told to gain some? did u/are you? what can i do to try and put a few pounds on,eat certain things or try to eat more?

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am no doctor, but your height and weight sounds just fine to me. I only gained 26lbs total my entire pregnancy with my son and 30lb with my daughter, and myself and both children were perfectly healthy. Not everyone gains the same amount of weight each time. So I really wouldn't take this to heart, especially since it came from someone who is not your doctor. If you are already eating right there is no need to go and shovel food in your mouth just to meet this guy's standards.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my daughter, my Dr. constantly told me to gain weight!! I only gained 15lbs my entire pregnancy & my daughter was 6# 11oz. She is perfectly healthy, as am I. Your Dr. may worry because some women actually try to diet while pregnant. I'm not talking about eating healthy foods & whatnot, but actually hardcore dieting!! That's not healthy...but if you are eating regularly & eating (mostly) healthy foods, I'm sure you'll be fine! = )
    mandi0986

Answer by mandi0986 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My doctor told me to add an extra snack sometime in the day. She said I didn't even have to feel guilty about having a milkshake if I wanted one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Im 5'7" and 35wks. You have gained the same as i have and i was actually told to watch what im eating now so i dont gain too much more. I think your doctor is full of it. Ask your normal doctor.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 10:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My doctor told me with my last pregnancy that it is normal to starting losing a few pounds towards the end of your pregnancy, especially if you're active. You height and weight sound just fine...if your concerned ask your normal doctor what he/she thinks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2010