TTC with PCOS! Is there ANYTHING I can do to increase my chances???

My husband and I have been TTC for over 4 years. I've had one miscarriage and one infant loss. I can't seem to get and stay pregnant. I changed doctors, because my first was an idiot and my new doctor just said to go on a no sugar/low carb diet and I should be pregnant soon. Well I'm not !! They had to take me off of glucophage (metformin) because it did some damage to my liver so I'm just on my own and because of the infant loss, they can't put me on clomid or the injections anymore. What can I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• What does losing a baby have to do with not being able to take clomid?

Anyway, essentially PCOS is an insulin-resistance condition. Your body makes too much insulin, which de-sensitizes your organs to it and then your body converts it into testosterone. Because you have too much testosterone in your body you have ovulation dysfunction as well as the other symptoms of PCOS.

Many women have success in treating PCOS by losing weight, exercising and eating right. Go on a diabetic diet, not a no-sugar-no-carb diet. Carbs are good and should be used in the right proportions for everyone. Moderate exercise encourages your body to use the insulin it makes rather than storing it in your tissues and causing problems. Lots of green leafy veggies is good, and taking cinnamon suppliments will also help control insulin regulation in your body.

I hope this helps!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2010