nursing and implants?

I got silicone breast implants a little over a yr ago. I am currently trying to get pregnant. I am curious if anyone on here was able to nurse with silicone implants?

rlhall1980

Asked by rlhall1980 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yes you can :) good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:03 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Just curious but why did you get silicone instead of saline. My mother 2 older sisters, little sister, and SIL all have implants. My mother had saline ones that ruptured and had to redone. She was not able to breastfeed. My older sister breastfed for a few weeks but was not able to produce enough milk. I also have several friends that have them and none were able to successfully breastfeed more than a few months. Out of my sister I'm the only one without implants and I'm the only one who was able to successfully breastfeed (both of my sons over a year each) I'm not saying its not possible but I haven't known anyone to do it.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Sorry I meant to say my mother had Silicone implants that rupture... everyone else had saline
    laciD

• I got the silicone b/c they are supposed to look and feel more natural. I was worried bc I didn't have much before that the rippling that the saline can give would show. I know the implants now (silicone) have a more durable bag (if thats what its called) so rupturing is less likely now.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I have a girlfriend who has implants, not sure if they are silicone or saline but she is currently beastfeeding successfully for the second time since getting her implants, and she breastfed one child before having implants as well.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2010