new state....new ppl...HELP

well i just relocated to South Carolina where my fiancé is stationed. i am miserable and home sick. since iv'e been here i haven't met anyone and i'm bored to death being a stay at home mom. what are ways to meet new moms. and is anyone from south carolina?

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 11:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I know EXACTLY how you feel! The best ways to meet other moms is by getting out there and hitting your local parks. Strike up a conversation and give your number out. It's not always easy to find someone you click with and I've been struggling with this issue too! I'm in SW FL. I wish you all the luck in the world finding new friends! It takes time and don't be too picky at first lol.
    Try taking your kids to the library during the day and if you go to church there are always other moms there. (If not, it could be a good place to make a friend as a last resort effort)
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 11:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Try taking your child(ren) to the local park and see if there are other mothers there to meet.
    Or if your child(ren) are in school, while picking them up, talk to or try to meet others there.
    Taking walks daily will allow you to say hi to some ppl and maybe strike up a conversation
    about other children/SAHM activities that may be around.

Good Luck
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It can be really hard at first to settle in, but the best thing to do is just put yourself out there. Strike up conversations at the park or places where your kids and you are interacting with other kids and other parents. Let people know you are new in town and looking for friends. Join a volunteer organization or community center of some sort. Attending church is also a great way to get to know people (if you go to church).
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I live in South Carolina. I go to La Leche League meetings and then on the weeks they don't have meetings, we meet up for play dates at the park.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• If you have a car, there is a GREAT park in downtown Columbia.. Finlay Park. The public library is fantastic in Richland County and there is a great little library in West Columbia that had great summer programs when I lived in Columbia 20 years ago. There are literally dozens of churches that have preschool programs or look for a MOPS - Mothers of Preschoolers Program.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/10965/
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/108358/
    ↑ Those are both groups here on Cafemom for Columbia, SC moms.
    Good Luck!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:52 AM on Apr. 28, 2010