to cruise or not to cruise.

im currently 19 weeks pregnant. MY and my fiancé are planning a cruise in the beginning of June to the Bahamas or some other country like mexico. ill be around 28 weeks preg then. Is it safe? so far my preg has been normal and has been complications free.

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 11:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• wrong girl to ask im a "cruising lady" i love royal carribian..hey have you been on the oasis of the seas? will this be your first cruise? and to be honest i think i was like 15 weeks on one of them and well....when we got to mexico and had to leave the ship and walk down the stairs i did fall,because the steps were wet..cruises are so much fun ..but! 28 weeks in june umm idk,they do have a lil clinic and they do have a hellicopter to take you incase anything happens,i think you they are loads of fun but idk how much you can have if you cant do any activities.only eat in the ship if you do go.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I would be more worried about getting thrown over board...lol. Just thinking about a "Lifetime' movie I saw the other day. You should be fine...sounds FUN!!!!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I would just talk to a doctor about it. I would be more worried about being in contact with different and new germs since you will be going to a different part if the world.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I would think as long as your not flying in your 3rd trimester you should be fine...but I'd talk to the dr. first
    Anonymous

• You need to check with the cruise line - I cruised with Royal Caribbean, and their policy was no cruisers over 27 weeks pregnant, and anyone under that had to have a doctor's note stating how far along they were and if everything was normal in the pregnancy, basically clearing them to go. I was 26 weeks when I went, and frankly, I kind of wish I hadn't - it wasn't the most comfortable or anything (it was my 5th baby). So, IF your cruise line of choice would even allow you to go, I still wouldn't really recommend it.
    Anonymous

• I did want to add~I was around 20 weeks when we flew to San Diego, and honestly my feet swelled up so bad and it was very uncomfortable walking around the air port. You don't realize how much you walk when your on vacation...sight seeing, shopping...etc.... Not sure about a cruise but I did call the airline to make sure I would be able to fly at 20 weeks. You should look more into the flying/cruse policy and take into consideration all the activity that goes into a vacation.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 12:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I was 23 weeks when I went on one and I don't recommend it for you. Cruises are a fun time to hang out and drink and experience new adventures, not the time to be nursing yourself into your 3rd tri.
    Anonymous