Bait and switch, more of the same, or just looking out for the little guy?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-covered-up-HHS-report-until-after-healthcare-vote-92166854.html

The economic report released last week by Health and Human Services, which indicated that President Barack Obama's health care "reform" law would actually increase the cost of health care and impose higher costs on consumers, had been submitted to the office of HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the Congressional votes on the bill, according to career HHS sources, who added that Sebelius's staff refused to review the document before the vote was taken.

What say you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I say I am not surprised. I am however surprised that there is a leak telling us that they had documentation of as much before the vote.  Things like this don't happen for no reason.  I think we are supposed to be distracted by this so that we don't pay attention to immigration reform being pushed right now.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• This says it all for me:

"The reason we were given was that they did not want to influence the vote," says an HHS source. "Which is actually the point of having a review like this, you would think."

We imagined -- and said in an editorial -- that the report had probably been months in preparation. But that it could have actually been finished and on Sebelius's desk (and at the White House) a week before the vote reinforces the notion that dishonesty was the White House's most important tool in passing Obamacare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It was so obvious all along that this would cost consumers more. It will be entertaining watching members of congress pretending to be shocked at the news.
    Anonymous

• I knew that, in fact many people new that but the Libs will keep denying it or excusing it. In fact Obama just gave a speech today touting the healthcare law {he passed}as something that will save a trillion over 10 yrs. Almost made me puke thinking of all the people falling for it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Study after study, report after report, they all say the same thing: Costs for consumers will increase, premiums will increase, hidden taxes will increase, state taxes will increase. Only those who fall under the expanded Medicaid program will benefit, and good luck finding a doctor who takes Medicaid.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Oh no. It cant be. It's just the Republicans fear mongering again. Or is it the tea partiers? Or we could back to the Clinton years and call it a right wing conspiracy.

I'll just call it the truth coming out.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Isn't this what SOME have been saying all along? Who would have thought that they were right, being TEA party people and all.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2010