Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what dr would i see for Anxiety and depression as a side effect of a brain bleed???

Would that be a nerologist, or psycologist? I have had really bead anxiety and depression the last 6mths. i had a brain bleed in october and had surgery to correct it. i'm misserable and also have severe migrains. any help would be appriciated. thank you and God Bless


Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • BOTH! Talk to the neurologist first because you did have surgery on your brain and you could be experiencing complications... Therapy with medications as well as talking to a psychiatrist to help use alternative methods for handling your anxiety will hopefully help you. Anxiety is awful, I've been dealing with it due to a traumatic situation a few years back for a while now. Zanax and Valium are the only drugs that actually work and restore me to myself again, but most dr.s won't prescribe them because of the abuse they are known for and because they are "stronger"...

    Answer by momofkearra at 12:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • I would go see a neurologist.

    Answer by alaskansglmom at 12:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • I would think you would go to your regular doctor and he/she would make the decision if you need to see a different doctor. But I could be wrong.


    Answer by louise2 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2010