postnatal check-up earlier today and I didn't get examined?

My doc just asked how I was feeling (emotionally) and about my urine and bowls then dealt with babies check. It didnt cross my mind at the time but shouldnt he of examined me? Is it okay to try having sex? She is 9 weeks tomorrow (check was a week later than it was supposed to be) and I had an episiotomy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Health

• No, you shouldn't have been. Not unless you were complaining of pain. Having an internal introduces unnecessary bacteria, I would never trust an OB who wanted to do an internal @ a postpartum checkup, unless there was sign of infection that needed to be addressed.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• my dr's never checked (do you mean an internal exam?) - they just felt the tummy and asked how I was doing.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I would call your OB back and ask those questions
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Your supposed to wait 6 weeks to have sex. If everything went fine during birth then I would have sex again. Just remember to use BC more than EVER now. I always heard women are extremely fertile after they gave birth.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My Dr didn't examine me either. I think they only do that if you think there is a problem. As for sex, most Dr.s give the go ahead at 6 weeks so if you're comfortable with it then go for it.
    Anonymous

• I never had to strip and have my lady parts examined, unless I was due for my yearly check-up (happened once).
    Anonymous

• My dr. checked me... she did an internal exam to make sure everything was back to normal
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I had an internal, but I also had an epesiotomy and a 4th degree tear. I wasn't clear to have sex till 10 weeks later because it took so long for me to heal.
    Anonymous

• You are healed after six weeks so you are good to go.
    Anonymous

• i was examined after my first, not my second, i think it's normal as long as you are feeling fine, they probably don't see the need to go digging around down there, ya know?
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2010