Transverse baby

Will you still dilate if your baby is transverse? Im 35 wks and baby seems to have decided in the last week to go sideways! If shes not back to head down by 37wks then ill have to deliver by c-section :( . But iv been in preterm labor for over a week and stuck at 1-2cm no matter how painful my contractions are at 2-3 mins apart, my cervix will not change. Because shes transverse?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 12:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes you will still dialate. I did, and my baby ended up turning back head down. BUT.. after they broke my water in the hospital the little turd managed to turn and get stuck sideways again LOL So I had a last minute unplanned C-section. Not trying to terrify you, just showing you that just about anything is possible
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• she can go head down after 37 weeks. :) could happen at 42 weeks

check out spinningbabies.com for some ideas.

good luck!!!
    Anonymous

• also having your water broken artificially in the hospital often results in poor positioning of the baby, so it's a good idea to just wait and let your water break on its own :)
    Anonymous