Anyone get rid of acne scars?

Did you ever try skin lightening products? My acne scars are from a few years ago so I'm not looking for a product that gets rid of recent scarring. Thanks!

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 12:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You can't get rid of scars. You can lighten them up, try Miderma............but that won't make them go away.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i had my derm. write me a script for retin-a -- it works amazingly well. even for pitting ... if you are over 35 you have to have to doc call the pharmacy/ insurance company and tell them that it is for a medical reason (not wrinkle treatment - that isnt covered which makes it cost about 120 per bottle, with my insurance covering it was only 30)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It's just skin discoloration (not pitting - luckily). : ) It's a bunch of dark spots and I've seen other women get rid of theirs with really expensive creams.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 12:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Diva, what you said was not true. A good friend of mine got rid of hers with some kind of gel. She looks great. I'll ask her and let you know.
    Anonymous

• * Apply sandalwood paste with rosewater and leave it overnight over the scars. You can even apply a mixture of sandalwood paste and black gram paste.
    * For dark acne scars use lemon juice. Before applying, clean the scars with warm water and dab 1 tsp of lemon juice into a cotton ball and apply it on the scars and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to apply sunscreen prior to going out in the sun as lemon juice makes your skin photosensitive.
    * Cucumber with lemon juice or honey with lemon juice also helps. Honey also helps for chicken pox scars. However people with oily skin should avoid the use of honey.
    * Apply a paste of gram flour, curd, turmeric and lemon juice and leave for 10-20 minutes
    * Mix 1 tablespoon each of sour cream, yogurt, grinded oatmeal and few drops of lemon juice. Apply it on scars and leave for 10 minutes and rinse.
    * Gently rub baking soda paste on your scar for sixty seconds
    Anonymous

• I have SUPER bad acne scars...and I still have bad acne at times. My mother found this cream that has actually helped me with both. It's actually a wrinkle-reducing cream, which is a definite plus if you're a mother..lol. It's called AlphaHydroxy and you can find it on Ebay. It's not too expensive, and it has done wonders for me.
    jaydek

Answer by jaydek at 12:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• jaydek who makes the alphahydroxy cream?

i searched it and just came up with all sorts of alpha hydroxy products....
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 7:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Alot of companies make it. I am not at home right now, but as soon as I do, I will look at my bottle and tell you who makes it and exactly what kind it is that I use.
    jaydek

Answer by jaydek at 6:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2010