Help my son is in this hitting stage..

My 2 year old hits his older sisters and any other kids for no reason. I can be at a friends house and he will hit her sons. Its getting horrible i have told him that he shouldnt do it but i dont know what else to do. He actually hurts the other kids. Help

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm right there with you. So is mine!! I tell people he doesn't discriminate cuz he'll hit anybody! and for (what I think) is NO reason. I read a book, "No Biting," He doesn't bite (exclusively, mostly pinches and smacks). From what I've learned from early childhood educators, I follow what the book and educators say (becuz i'm not going to hit him back or shun him). It's not a quick fix but it will have a more long term and lasting effect. Message me if you want to know what I do or you can get the book. :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 5:43 PM on May. 1, 2010